Custom Pilot Currency Example: Flight Review in R22
In this example, we will create a custom currency definition that checks for a type-specific flight review. For the aircraft type, we'll use the Robinson R22 helicopter.
Creating the definition
- 1. Go to the Custom Pilot Currency Definition screen.
- 2. Under "Currency Name", enter a name for this currency, for example, "Flight Review - Robinson R22".
- 3. Under "Currency Period", enter 24 in the field and select "Calendar Months" from the drop-down.
- 4. Leave the initialization script blank.
- 5. Enter the loop script as shown below:
var fltrev = getfieldstr("Flight Review"); var actype = getfieldstr("ICAO Code"); if (strequal(fltrev, "Flight Review") && strequal(actype, "R22")) currency_ok = 1;
- 6. Enter a description for this currency if you wish, and then save it.
- 7. After saving the definition, you can check the status of your custom currency from the View Pilot Currency Detail screen.
How it works
This script looks at the values of the Flight Review and ICAO Code fields on each flight record. If the Flight Review drop-down value is "Flight Review" for a particular flight record, and the ICAO Code value of the corresponding aircraft definition is "R22", then this flight entry must indicate a successful flight review in the R22, and our currency is valid.