Entering Simulator/FTD time
From ZuluLog Wiki
You can use the flight entry screen to keep track of time in aircraft simulators or other approved flight training devices. Please keep the following details in mind when doing so.
On the Aircraft Definition screen
- Select "Aircraft Simulator" or other appropriate selection under the "A/C / Sim" drop-down.
- In the "Aircraft ID" field, enter a code for this simulator or FTD. This could be as simple as "PCATD" or as detailed as the serial number of the device.
- If the simulator is approved for establishing passenger-carrying currency and/or instrument currency, check the appropriate boxes under the "A/C / Sim" drop-down. Note that currency calculations will only count simulator time if the appropriate boxes are checked.
On the Flight Entry screen
- In the Route field, enter the appropriate airport code if this device is located at an airport, or an appropriate reference code if not.
- Assuming this is a training session with an instructor, you'll select "Student" under the Crew Role drop-down and enter your instructor's name and certificate number in the first Passenger text field.
- Once the system knows that the Aircraft ID corresponds to a flight training device, the "Flight Time" fields will be replaced by a "Sim/FTD Time" field. Enter the time of the session here. Next, enter any allowable simulated instrument time under the "Total Sim Inst" field (or "Day Sim Inst", depending on your settings).