Importing flights from a spreadsheet
Let us do it for you
We recommend the "Let us do it for you" choice from the Flight Import screen. All you need to do is upload your CSV file into our request queue, and we will take care of the rest.
Do it yourself
If you'd prefer to perform the upload yourself, keep these hints in mind:
- Files must be in CSV format. You cannot import .XLS or .XLSX files directly. You cannot import other types of binary files directly.
- Files must contain column headings in row 1.
- Files must contain flight information starting on row 2. Each row must represent exactly one flight. A single flight cannot be spread over multiple rows.
- Delete any other rows, such as total rows at the end.
- For flight imports, ZuluLog understands most common column names. For example, for the "Aircraft ID" column, any of these column names will work:
- Aircraft ID
- Tail Number
- AC ID
- Aircraft Ident
- For flight imports, many aircraft type columns are also supported. Aircraft definitions will automatically be created as applicable. A few examples of supported columns are:
- Capitalization does not matter for column headings.
- ZuluLog recognizes dates in virtually any format. All of the following will work, among others:
- 1/31/2014 (if American date formatting is set in your user preferences)
- 31/1/2014 (if European date formatting is set in your user preferences)
- Jan 31 2014
- 31 January, 2014
- If your date fields also include times, the time must be after the date, must be in 24-hour format, and must contain a colon (':') separating the hour and minute, for example:
- 1/31/14 15:09
- Columns of type "True/False" (such as "Holding", "Course Interception/Tracking", etc.) should contain TRUE or FALSE. If left blank, a value of FALSE will be assumed. Positive integers will be interpreted as TRUE.
- For columns that map to drop-downs in ZuluLog, the spelling and capitalization must exactly match what's contained in the ZuluLog drop-down. For example, if you have a column called Flight Review, valid values are "None", "Flight Review", "Checkride", and so on, as in the drop-down on the Flight Entry screen.