Custom Column: Day Sim Inst time
In this example, we will create a very simple custom column, which will display Day Sim Inst time for each flight.
Creating the definition
- 1. Go to the Custom Report Setup for Flight Viewer screen.
- 2. Enter a name for this setup. Later, on the Flight Viewer, you'll be able to select this name from the drop-down list.
- 3. For your Day Sim Inst column, select "[Custom Column]" under Column Contents. The label and expression fields will then appear.
- 4. Under Custom Column Label, enter a name for this column. This will be displayed as the column header on the flight viewer.
- 5. Under Custom Column Definition / Expression, enter:
col_value = getfieldnum("Day Sim Inst");
- 6. Select any other columns you'd like to see on this view, and click "Save Setup".
How it works
Whatever you assign to the predefined variable col_value will be displayed in this column in the flight viewer. In this example, we've assigned the numeric value from the field "Day Sim Inst" to col_value.
The scripting language used for custom columns is the same as that used for custom currency definitions.