Online Pilot Logbook | Professional Aviation Record Keeping™
Entering GPS coordinates and navaids
- You can use the Custom Airports screen
to define frequently-used points that are not official airports.
- You can also enter GPS coordinates directly in the Route field on the Flight
- Specify degree/minute coordinates in the format 4142N7703W for the
point at 41°42' N 77°03' W.
- Specify decimal coordinates in the format D393600N790234W for the
point at 39.3600 N 79.0234 W. You must use exactly 4 decimals of precision.
- Prefix navaids with an underscore in the Route field; for example, _SRQ
will be interpreted as the SRQ VOR in Sarasota, FL.
- GPS points, custom airports, and navaids in your Route will be displayed as expected on
the map screens.